You will find 3 insanely delicious Candida diet breakfast recipes in this article.
What is Candida?
Candida albicans is a fungus present in the intestinal microbiota of most humans1.
In most individuals, Candida resides as a lifelong, harmless yeast that feeds on its host’s waste2.
Under certain conditions, however, this harmless yeast may transition to a virulent hypha capable of forming a biofilm and spreading to other organs2.
Candida infections can range from superficial infections, such as skin, oral or vaginal infections, to life-threatening systemic2.
Influence of diet on Candida
Researchers have found that diet, among others, impacts Candida overgrowth in the gut1.
Foods that stimulate Candida overgrowth include:
- Dairy products
- Ultra-processed foods
- A lack of dietary fiber
3 Candida diet breakfast recipes
Here are 3 insanely delicious Candida diet breakfast recipes.
They prevent and reduce Candida overgrowth in the gut and its dissemination to other body parts.
1. The Budwig cream
The Budwig cream consists of flaxseed oil, cottage cheese, and ground flax seeds.
It is the pillar of Dr. Johanna Budwig’s protocol to cure cancer.
The Budwig cream is one of the healthiest Candida diet breakfast recipes.
Benefits of flaxseed oil
- Heavy metal detox
Benefits of flaxseeds
Ground flaxseeds are a good source of soluble and insoluble dietary fiber6.
Most of the soluble fiber is the mucilage that coats the flaxseed6.
This mucilage has a high ability to bind to water, which increases intestinal bulk, thereby preventing constipation6.
Benefits of cottage cheese
Dairy products are not usually recommended on the Candida diet, as they are high in lactose, a sugar that feeds Candida.
Nevertheless, Dr. Budwig has revealed that sulfur-rich amino acids found in cottage cheese enhance the health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids present in flaxseed oil.
- 4 Tbsp. cottage cheese (or quark)
- 2 Tbsp. cold-pressed flaxseed oil
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- Mix the flaxseed oil and the cottage cheese with a whisk or a blender. The mixture should be homogeneous with no separated oil.
- Add the ground flaxseeds and mix with a spoon.
- (Optional) you can add raw honey, fresh fruits, and cinnamon.
2. Cinnamon oatmeal
Oatmeal is a dish made by boiling oat flakes in a pot of water.
It is one of the most common Candida diet breakfast recipes.
Benefits of oat flakes
Oat flakes are a good source of nutrients that stimulate immunity7.
Also, they are high in fiber and, when mixed with water, form a mucilage that cleanses the intestinal tract and colon7.
Moreover, oat seeds have antifungal properties8.
Do oat flakes contain gluten?
Pure oat flakes are gluten-free.
However, they could contain trace elements of gluten if they have been processed in the same facilities as gluten-containing grains.
When you buy oat flakes, ensure that they are labeled gluten-free.
- 1 cup oat flakes
- 2 cups water or unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- (Optional) add apple pieces
- Boil the water and sea salt.
- Stir in the oats and turn the heat down to medium.
- Stir occasionally for about 5 minutes until the oatmeal has the desired consistency and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on your oatmeal bowl.
3. Pineapple Kheer
Kheer is a mouth-watering traditional Indian snack or dessert that consists of rice pudding.
In this Candida diet breakfast recipe, basmati rice and cow milk are replaced with brown rice and coconut milk.
Benefits of coconut milk
The main component of coconut milk is coconut oil, which accounts for 38% of its weight9.
Coconut oil is rich in antimicrobial fatty acids, such as caprylic acid, capric acid, and lauric acid9.
Lauric acid is one of the principle fats found in breast milk. It protects the baby from microbes, including Candida9.
Moreover, caprylic acid is well known for treating intestinal yeast infections, such as Candida-induced infections9.
Benefits of pineapple
Besides, pineapple is high in water-insoluble dietary fiber that improves intestinal function13.
Increasing the excretion of toxic waste helps sweep Candida out of the digestive system.
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- 11/2 cups water
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup almonds, cashews, or pistachios
- 1/4 fresh pineapple cut into thick slices
- Heat the rice and the water until they come to a boil. Lower the heat and wait about 15 minutes until the rice has absorbed the water.
- Add the coconut milk.
- Let simmer for about 45 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the cardamom powder and the nuts and stir.
- Serve in a bowl and add the pineapple slices.
Summary: 3 Candida diet breakfast recipes
Candida albicans is a fungus present in the intestinal microbiota of most humans.
Certain factors, such as diet, can influence Candida overgrowth by stimulating or reducing it.
The following 3 insanely delicious Candida diet breakfast recipes reduce Candida overgrowth.
- The Budwig cream
- Cinnamon oatmeal
- Pineapple Kheer